Monday, August 29, 2005

Location, location, location

Went up to my new mountain property this weekend for a final walkthrough on the trailer. It's funny to do an inspection on a 50 year old single-wide trailer. I'm glad I did, though because I noticed the tags are expired:
I'm just hoping the owner has paid the non-op fee for the past 21 years...

While there I decided to walk the property lines to look for anything unusual. Hiked up the hill and saw that I do have some neighbors off the back side of the property:

I've never been in one of those dome houses but it looks pretty interesting and funky. I guess you'd have to be a big Dungeons and Dragons fan to built a house shaped like the 20-sided die. It would be cool if they put numbers on the little panels so it actually looked more like a die. Here's a view to the other direction:
Not too shabby, huh? Even more exciting than the view was hiking down the back hill and finding this:

It's a Native American gossip rock. You see, before internet dating, Weight Watchers and Prozac, the squaws would sit around a big, flat rock and grind acorns into the rock and talk trash about the braves who were out hunting. This one was apparantly the happening spot because there are six little holes and one big bowl and it is next to a seasonal creek. Very cool. Also cool is the way the tree growing next to it shaped itself around the rock:

Yeah, this is too educational for me too. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesis, tells us wheresis the Precious is kept. Must havesis the Precious. Precious . . .